Friday, November 23, 2007

Shopping Fun

Well, I decided to brave the local Wal Mart for a gift for Sarah. There was an $80 difference between the everyday price and the Black Friday price so I figured it would be worth it. I got up at 4:15 and went straight to the store and headed for my line. Items in this particular department had to be paid for on the spot, so when the madness began and people began to scurry all over the store, our line remained quite still. During the wait, people were continually asking, if there were any items left, to which the customer service rep would answer, yes they have plenty. No one ever asked about my particular brand of item though. After an hour and a half of waiting, I got to the front and was asked what I wanted. When I told them, they said that the item I wanted was going for the everyday price and that they were all out. Nevermind that I had been there just yesterday asking that department about the current price and the black friday price. So, I got a great deal on some goldfish crackers and went home.

On the bright side, no one in my family is vomiting and no one is dying in my spare bedroom.

Brandon and Heidi, thanks for making this holiday season more tolerable.

2 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Brandon said...

We appreciate your thoughts. There three families whose homes burned down the other day in Killeen. There was a crash on the freeway and a lady's car burned to the ground. She escaped but everyone in her beanie baby collection on the back seat lost their life. Tragic.

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger The Vernons said...

Hey Drew hope you are doing well. I was just reading up on all I had missed this past month! You guys have been busy. By the way love the pics and story telling and the "Dooma" video. I am thankful for your family and your youth group, you encouraged us so much and just wanted you to share with your group that they payed for a feast for 30 homeless children of God last week! It was incredible. Here is some great news....you have to call me I have lost your number and about 200 other numbers due to a sim card being fried. So call me bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home