Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring "Break"?

Last week was spring break for the students in our youth group. And while it was undeniably a fantastic weekend, it was no break. We started the week with the 7 hour drive to the Smoky Mountains. Once there we climbed the 2nd highest peak east of the rockies, Mt. LeConte. We stayed in a lodge at the top where supplies were packed in by llamas 3 times a week. The heater in my cabin did not work so when I woke up for the sunrise at 6:30 there was ice on my floor. It was 18 degrees outside and the wind was very strong so the wind chill must have been very low. But I was the photographer/ videographer for the trip so I went on the 25 minute hike to the place where the sunrise would be the most impressive. It was the most spectacular sunrise I had ever seen. I took dozens of pictures and 30 minutes of video, many of which will be used for worship backgrounds.

Off to the right of where the sunrise was taking place, there was an endless blanket of clouds drifting over a ridge at a quick pace. Even so, I sped the process up on my computer and the effect is remarkable.


Part of the way up there was a waterfall (Grotto Falls) that allowed you to walk around behind it.

After returning from the hiking trip, I rejoined Sarah and Jude and returned to Nashville the next day for Bible Bowl with our middle schoolers. It took place in the Opryland Hotel-City. The best part of that was a devotional held in one of the expansive courtyards. there were thousands of people singing with the sound echoing off the glass ceiling and surrounding hotel rooms.



A great week, but it was good to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home